Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Be thankful for what you have today

Gue selalu menikmati saat-saat pulang kantor, driving the car all the way from the embassy in Meguro until Minami Magome...My everyday ritual, always change the CD before going home, and choose which is one I want to hear this evening..

Malem ini, gue pilih CD-nya Michael Buble yg lagu2 christmas...coz its soothing n adem aja dengernya...So, I am ready to go home...

On the way home, waktu lagi nunggu lampu merah deket jembatan tol Togoshi, tiba2 gue liat orang homeless, lagi tiduran di bawah jembatan....hanya beralaskan kantong entah apa isinya, he looks so peaceful, sama sekali gak peduli dengan lingkungan sekitarnya...Hmm...I wonder how many homeless people here in Tokyo...Such a megapolitan city, yet it has the same urban`s problems...

Setelah itu, in the next red light, tiba2 ada mobil ambulans di belakang mobil gue...Mobil gue di jalur tengah, dan sesuai dengan aturan yang seharusnya berlaku universal (termasuk di Jakarta), mobil2 di jalur kanan berjalan perlahan dan memberi jalan kepada ambulans tersebut...that is how the Tokyo people behave, and I think the people around the world should behave (which, gue yakin di Jakarta, biar kata gak macet juga pasti gak dikasih jalan tuh ambulans..!)

Melihat orang homeless, melihat ambulans yang berjalan cepat...gue jadi tersadar...apakah gue sudah cukup bersyukur dengan apa yang gue miliki selama ini dan saat ini? Apakah gue sudah cukup bersyukur, that I am healthy, have a wonderful and supportive husband, surrounded by good friends and wonderful families, have a lovely place called home, have a sometimes unexpected kind-of-job yet challenging? Have I already thankful for all of that...?

Being in this state of realization, jadi membuat gue tersadar....who I am now is because of those who support me, always...Dan seiring dengan lagu Michael Buble `I`ll Be Home for Christmas`, having seen these unfortunate people around, gue jadi terisak...jadi inget keluarga tercinta, especially those who have left me forever....my dad, my uncle, my grandpas and grandma...sedih, inget bagaimana dulu mereka selalu support gue (my dad with the Snoopy brown bag (which was costly at that time) as a present for me for being number one in elementary school..my uncle with his encouragement of saying that I have to continue my study in Japan, even until his last breath...my grandpa with his-then-annoying English conversation that push me to speak English everyday with him during watching `Dunia dalam Berita` program...my grandma with her special chicken dishes that she cooked from the backyard poultry which she owned due to my fondness of chicken....my other grandpa with his soothing smile and wisdom that he took away with him on the last day we met at the Pertamina hospital in Jakarta...

Hontou ni....I am nothing with them....Sudahkah gue bersyukur hari ini? Sudahkah gue menengadahkan tangan sebelum tidur dan memberi doa bagi mereka?

For all the things that I have ever done....I am truly truly sorry...and for all the supports that you have given me....I bow deeply and say...hontou ni arigatou gozaimashita...

Dear God....I thank you for everything...

Thank you for reminding me to always be thankful for what I have.....

No comments: